PHIL 740: Desire and Conation
- Intentionality and Propositional Attitudes (background handout)
- More on Stampe
- More on de Sousa
- Gordon on Categorical Imperatives, Possible Worlds, and Self-Presupposing Desires
- Sir Walter Raleigh's poem, "Even Such is Time"
- Matt Priselac's paper, "Distinctions among Desires and Motivation"
- Schueler vs. Williams on the Relation Between Justifying Reasons and Explanatory Reasons
- A review of Schueler, by Robert Noggle
- Schueler's more recent book, Reasons and Purposes
- A review of the latter, by Chrisoula Andreou
- Schroeder's Philosophy Compass article on desire
- Leonard Katz's review of Schroeder
- Stanford Encyclopedia on "Pleasure"
- Canadian Philosophical Association symposium on Schroeder, papers by Paul Thagard and Ronnie de Sousa
- A commentary by Andy Brook